This is the WASTED BLOG. For my main author website, click this link.

Awards: WASTED won the Read it or Else category in the Coventry Award and was runner-up in the North East Book Award. It is longlisted for the Carnegie Medal and shortlisted for the Manchester, Grampian, Angus, and RED Awards.


Friday, 18 February 2011

LIKE BEING PITCHED AGAINST TWILIGHT

Well, as some of you know, WASTED has made it to the final two in its category for the Coventry Awards and there are only a few days left to vote! I am frankly amazed that it's still there but incredibly grateful, too. It was such a strong shortlist and the book I'm now up against was always looking like a likely winner - Shiver, by Maggie Stiefvater. Someone said to me, "OMG, that's like being pitched against Twilight!"

So, if you'd like to help WASTED win its very first prize, even if you've voted already, please vote! The idea is that the more enthusiastic the readers, the more often they will vote, so repetitive voting is what the organisers want. If you're not at a school you just put n/a in the school bit and you do not have to put your postcode, either.

I'm also supporting lovely Keren David's When I Was Joe, in the Simply the Book Category.

To vote for WASTED, go here.

And to vote for WHEN I WAS JOE, go here.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. And thank you to the fab librarians who generate such enthusiasm. I am forever going on about how important librarians are but it can't be said often enough.

3 comments:

Book Maven said...

I had to be 20+ in voting for Keren! Have aged 4 years since this afternoon.

Mary

Nicola Morgan said...

Thank you, Mary! Yes, and the age thing is topsy-turvy, isn't it? I think K and I should be in the same category - and a lot of people have said that. I'm glad we're not, though ;)

Keren David said...

I'm glad we're not too, it's been lovely being running mates and it would have been horrible campaigning against eachother.