On the plus side:
- It's amazing to be shortlisted and I'm very proud of that.
- I am looking forward to meeting the other authors, some of whom I know (Anne Cassidy and Keren David) and others I haven't met.
- The NEBA is a brilliantly organised event and I've been before, with Fleshmarket. It's one of the best awards in the children's book world.
- Some of the pupils have interviewed me on Twitter and I'm really looking forward to meeting them. Here's a link to the interview.
- One of them has written a Wasted rap and they will perform it!
- There's a party. There might be chocolate.
- I get quite stressed being the centre of attention. It's exciting but tiring.
- I've damaged my voice and have been told not to speak loudly or much. I will have to speak loudly and much.
I will come back next week and tell you what happened!