This is the WASTED BLOG. For my main author website, click this link.

Awards: WASTED won the Read it or Else category in the Coventry Award and was runner-up in the North East Book Award. It is longlisted for the Carnegie Medal and shortlisted for the Manchester, Grampian, Angus, and RED Awards.


Sunday 27 January 2013

Awards for Wasted

I know I'd laid this blog to rest but the story doesn't feel complete without awards details! Yes, in 2012 Wasted won the RED Book Award, the Coventry "Read It Or Else" award and also the Scottish Children's Book Award (older readers' category.) Runner-up in the North East Book Award. Shortlisted for ten awards and nominated for the Carnegie. All that made me very happy indeed.

Still doing lots of school events. No more teenage novels in the pipeline, though, as I'm focusing on younger fiction and also more teenage brain stuff.

My new blog and website are here.

And thanks to everyone for lovely support for my last YA novel.